Easy garlic roasted potatoes recipe that turn out crispy on the outside, while staying tender on the inside.
- 2 pounds yellow potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 2 Tb freshly chopped herb of choice (Italian parsley, chives, rosemary, thyme)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop the garlic finely, then add 1/8 tsp of table salt and use the side of your knife to smash it into a garlic paste.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the cut potatoes, olive oil and garlic paste until the garlic is evenly covering the potatoes. Spread potatoes in a single layer on a rimmed cookie sheet, sprinkle on the sea salt and pepper, then cover tightly with foil. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and roast until the side of the potato touching the pan is crusty and golden, about 15 more minutes. Remove from the oven and use a metal spatula to carefully turn the potatoes so the crispy sides are now up. Return to the oven until the second side is crispy, about 5-10 minutes more. Remove, sprinkle on the fresh herbs and serve.