A simple, yet crazy delicious vegetable side dish that will go with almost any dinner. Great option if you are on a low card diet!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 large cloves of garlic, minced (I use a microplane)
- 3–4 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tb fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 C freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, except for the parmesan cheese. Mix well until all the seasonings are evenly distributed over the pieces of cauliflower. Pour the mixture evenly onto a large ungreased jelly roll pan and spread out so the cauliflower is in a single layer. This is very important so don’t crowd your pan! Use two pans if you don’t have a large enough pan to put it all on at once. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
2. Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the parmesan cheese. Put back into the oven for another 2-3 minutes. If you would like to serve this in a nice dish, transfer the cauliflower into a serving dish before adding the cheese, then put the pretty dish in the oven for the 2-3 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/8 th
- Calories: 91
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 379 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 3 mg
Keywords: healthy side dish recipe