These healthy oatmeal breakfast cookies come together really quickly and are loaded with whole grains, fruits and nuts. This recipe is super kid friendly and make a great grab and go meal!
- 1 1/2 C whole rolled oats
- 1 C coconut flakes
- 1 Tb ground flax seed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 C coarsely chopped pecans or desired nut
- 1/2 C raisins or desired dried fruit
- 1 C unsweetened applesauce OR 3 ripe mashed bananas
- 1/4 C canola or coconut oil
- 1 Tb honey or agave
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a large cookie sheet lightly with nonstick spray. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl then add all the wet ingredients. Mix well until combined.
- Press about 2 rounded tablespoons of the mixture into a 2 inch cookie cutter to form the cookie. Remove the cutter and form the next cookie. You can place them all on one pan because they do not spread so keep them close together. Bake for 25 minutes then cool completely on the pan.