Chocolate truffles brownie bites that are healthy?!? Yes, they are a real thing but I need you to trust me. These healthy chocolate truffles actually have very little chocolate in them, yet they are decadent and delicious. They are made with whole food ingredients, are gluten free, and when you toss couple of them in your mouth, they fulfill that sweet tooth craving without being indulgent.
For my regular readers, you may recognize the base of these healthy chocolate truffle brownie bites as being very similar to my recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabars. Ever since I discovered the use of dates and nuts as the base for all kinds of sweet, yet healthy treats, my life has become so much happier!
I know many of you will automatically dismiss this recipe because I used of dates. If that is you, I beg of you, just give it a try! Even my kiddos love these little bites of heaven and have no idea how good for them they are.
These healthy chocolate truffle brownie bites are easy to roll out when you use a small cookie scoop. It perfectly portions these into 1 tablespoon bites. I use my small cookie scoop for so many different applications like making melon balls, portioning mini muffins and of course, making cookies!Print
- 24 ounces pitted Medjool dates
- 2/3 C unsalted, roasted peanuts
- 1/3 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- In your food processor, place the peanuts and chocolate chips. Process until they are chopped very finely. Add the salt and dates. Pulse until the dates are initially chopped and then turn it on. Process until the mixture is chopped very finely.
- Use a small cookie scoop to portion the dough, then roll each portion into a smooth ball. Roll each truffle into the cocoa powder or coconut. Refrigerate until firm and then serve. Can be stored in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
**My friend, this post contains Amazon affiliate links which means I receive a small compensation if you make a purchase using my link, at no additional cost to you. And no worries….I only link to products that I both use and love! ~Carole