A super easy grilled side dish recipe that will make you a lover of grilled lettuce forever!
2 hearts of romaine
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Slice romaine in half lengthwise, keeping the stem intact. Brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle on the salt and pepper.
- Grill cut side down for 3-4 minutes until charred well. Flip and grill another 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle cut sides with vinegar and parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 half head
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 538 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
Keywords: grilled side dish recipe, low carb side dish recipe