Cheesy tater tot Casserole is always an easy dinner recipe idea and super kid friendly with those crispy potatoes all over the top!
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 can corn or green beans, drained
- 3/4 C low fat sour cream
- 1 can low fat cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 C skim milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 lb bag tater tots
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Heat a large skillet on high and add your ground beef or turkey. Season with the salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Cook on high, breaking it up into pieces as you go until the meat is completely cooked.
- Add the sour cream, soup, milk and corn or green beans. Mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into the 9×13 pan. Top with the shredded cheese.
- Add the tater tots to the top. Bake for 40-45 minutes until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle a bit of salt over the tater tots when you take the casserole out of the oven.
**For a freezer meal, prepare as instructed but do not bake. Freeze, well wrapped. To cook it, bake at 350 for 60 minutes if frozen, or as instructed if thawed.
- Serving Size: 1/8 th
- Calories: 461
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 1273 mg
- Fat: 25 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Cholesterol: 80 mg
Keywords: easy casserole recipe, hot dish recipe