This cake was delicate, but really moist as well. My kids really loved the streusel topping and I added some powdered sugar glaze to put it over the top. My only mistake was making such a small pan of it. Next time, I will definitely double the recipe and put it in a 9×13 pan instead.
Banana Streusel Cake
- Yield: 12 bars 1x
- 6 Tb flour
- 6 Tb brown sugar
- 3 Tb butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/3 C cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C mashed banana (about 2 bananas)
- 3 Tb milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C butter, room temperature
- 1 C sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a square baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cut together all the ingredients for the streusel and set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat it in. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the banana, milk and vanilla. Mix well. Add all the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Do not over mix!
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and then top with the streusel evenly. Bake for 35 minutes, then allow to cool completely on a wire rack before serving. You can top it with a simple mixture of milk and powdered sugar if you desire.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 21g
- Sodium: 182mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
This sounds delicious! I love banana cake 🙂
I just tried this yesterday and it is delicious!!! The only problem is my streusel sank to the bottom. I’m wondering if a) my streusel crumbs were too big and chunky or, b) I baked in a glass pan at 350* and should’ve baked it at 325*. It might’ve risen slower, keeping the streusel from dropping down. Either way, it was still yummy! Thanks for the recipe.
I just made this and my streusel sank also 🙁 But it’s still YUMMY!! Thank You!!
It’s me again. I’ve made it again and made the streusel as fine as I could. It stayed on top!!
Thanks for the great recipe….I made it today and it was bomb diggity!
Well, that is the first time I’ve ever had a bomb diggity recipe review 🙂 So glad you loved it too Jess! -Carole