Need a recipe for your ripe bananas? These banana bread bars with browned butter frosting and amazing!
- 2 1/4 C sugar
- 3/4 C butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 C sour cream
- 2 2/3 C mashed ripe bananas (about 5–6 bananas)
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 3 C flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 C butter
- 6 C powdered sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 4 1/2 Tb milk
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 18×13″ half sheet pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and butter until creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat together. Add the sour cream, bananas and vanilla and mix well. Add the dry ingredients and blend just until combined. You could also add some walnuts or pecans at this point if you wanted. Spread evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
3. While the brownies bake, prepare the frosting. In a large saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat until it boils. After it boils, stir it continually as the butter begins to turn brown. You want it a nice rich brown color, but don’t let it go too far! Remove from the heat and add all the remaining ingredients into the pan and beat until smooth. Frost the brownies while they are still hot so some of the frosting melts into the brownies. Cool completely before cutting and serving.
If you want the white drizzle on top, just mix together 1 cup of powdered sugar with 1 1/2 Tb of milk then use your spoon to drizzle them over the frosted bars.