- 1 C sour cream
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 C flour
- 1 C sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 C roughly chopped fresh cranberries
- 3/4 C white chocolate chips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 Tb milk
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and baking soda and allow it to bubble up. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of your mixer with the paddle attachment, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt. Add the cut up pieces of very cold butter and mix on medium low speed until the butter pieces are about the size of large peas. Add the cranberries and chocolate and then the beaten egg and sour cream. Combine together on low just until the dough just begins to come together. Do not overmix this step!
- Remove the dough and knead it a few times on a lightly floured surface. Pat it out into a 1″ thick circle then use a sharp knife to cut the circle into 12 equal triangles. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes, until the edges brown and the top are not soft. Allow to cool.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and milk then drizzle the glaze over the cooled scones.