- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 12 corn tortillas
Toppings: avocado, red onion, cilantro, tomatoes, sour cream, and cilantro
- Heat your gas or charcoal grill on high. Let it preheat for 15 minutes so it is very hot.
- In a small bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients.
- Cut the flank steak into 3 long, even strips, cutting with the grain of the meat. Doing this helps the steak to cook evenly without overcooking on the edges if you were to grill it whole.
- Spread the marinade all over the steak and massage it into the meat with your hands.
- Cook the steak for 8-10 minutes on the very hot grill, flipping every 2 minutes to encourage even cooking. The internal temperature should be 125-130 degrees when finished. Set the cooked steak on a clean plate and loosely tent with foil for 10 minutes to allow it to rest before cutting.
- Char the corn tortillas on the grill and wrap them in a clean towel to keep them warm.
- After the steak rests, slice it thinly against the grain. Sprinkle on a bit more kosher salt over the slices and serve inside a tortilla topped with red onion, tomato, avocado, sour cream, and fresh cilantro.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 152 kcal
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 362 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 38 mg
Keywords: tacos al carbon, taco al carbon, al carbon tacos