Pizza Waffles??? Yep, and they are deliciously quick and easy.
- 1 recipe pizza dough
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 32 pepperoni slices, cut into quarters
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat your waffle iron. Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface and cut into equal sized squares, about 3″ x 3″ but it doesn’t have to be exact.
- Lay the sliced mozzarella in the center of the dough, being generous with the cheese because some will leak out. Add the pepperoni, then top with another square of pizza dough.
- Place on the waffle iron and close the lid, pressing down firmly but do not lock the lid. The lid will raise slightly while the dough cooks, but that is fine. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
- Serving Size: 1 waffle
- Calories: 363
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 857 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 24 mg
Keywords: kid friendly dinner idea