One of my all-time favorite salad recipes in the fall! Super easy and if you want it as a main dish, just add some grilled chicken or steak over the top!
- 8 C spring mix lettuce
- 2 C baby spinach
- 1 large Fuji or Honeycrisp apple, chopped
- 1 firm red pear, chopped
- 3/4 C dried cranberries
- 1/2 C chopped pecans or almonds
- 1/2 C crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 tsp brown mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp grated onion
- 1 Tb poppy seeds
- 1/2 C rice vinegar
- 3/4 C canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients, except for the almonds. In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients until fully blended.
- In a small skillet over low heat, toast the pecans or almonds until golden brown then remove them to cool before adding them to the salad.
- Toss the dressing over the whole salad and serve immediately, or just dress enough of the salad for the number of servings you need.