Make those expensive Larabars at home using just a food processor! Really easy and much cheaper.
- 24 ounces pitted dried Medjool dates
- 2/3 C dry roasted peanuts, unsalted
- 1/3 C semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In your food processor, pulse the peanuts until they are chopped finely, but do not create a paste. Add the dates, chocolate chips and sea salt. Pulse repeatedly until the mixture comes together. As the dates begin to break down, you can make your pulse length longer.
- On a sheet of wax paper, place the mixture in the center and use your fingers to evenly press it into a 9″ x 9″ square. The thickness will be around a 1/2″. Freeze for 30 minutes to firm them up before cutting into 16 even pieces. I like to wrap each bar individually in plastic wrap so I can take them on the go and stick them easily into my kids lunches. Store at either room temperature or in the fridge.
Fat: 4.8 grams
Carbs: 42 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Protein: 3 grams