- Box of chocolate cake mix
- Can of ready made chocolate frosting
- Oreos – plain or Halloween version
- Brown M&M’s
- Mini M&M’s
- Prepare your chocolate cake per the instructions on the box and let cool.
- Frost with your chocolate frosting
- Twist your oreo cookies to separate them and place the frosting side on your cupcake for the eyes. I put mine in the middle of the cupcake as opposed to at the top of the cupcake.
- Place a brown M&M on the cream of the cookie to complete the eyes.
- Take a mini M&M (your choice of color) and place below the Oreo cookies for the beak.
- With the cookies that have been twisted off that don’t have the cream, break a side off and place in the cupcake above the eyes to form the eyebrows.
The Halloween version of the Oreo cookies had a little more cream frosting in the middle than the regular Oreo cookies did and they were much easier to twist apart and have the cream inside stay intact. So when I make this again, I will probably buy the Double Stuff Oreos instead of the regular ones.