- 2 large onions
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tb worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 C fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 C freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- tomato sauce or ketchup (optional)
1. Cut the both end off the onions, set them on one cut end, then cut in half. Peel the onion and separate into matching pieces.
2. In a bowl, mix together all the remaining ingredients except for the tomato sauce. It is easiest to use your hands but do not over mix or the result will be very dense! Fill both matching sides of the onion then press them together, wrap them twice in foil and set aside.
3. To cook, place them in a large amount of very hot coals for15 minutes, flip over and cook for another 15 minutes. Total cooking time will depend on the size of your bombs and the hotness of your coals so check on them to be sure they are cooked all the way through. You could also roast these in a 350 degree oven if you aren’t camping!
4. To serve, remove the foil and top with tomato sauce or ketchup if desired.