These Old Fashioned Chewy Molasses Cookies come together in just a few minutes and are soft and chewy every time! Perfect for the holidays.
3/4 cups butter, room temperature
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
*extra sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar on medium-high speed until the mixture is pale yellow in color and fluffy. Around 2-3 minutes. Don’t skip this step!
- Beat in the egg and molasses until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and kosher salt. Mix until dough comes together.
- Create 1-inch balls of dough and roll them in sugar until coated on the outside.
- Bake for 8 minutes until cookies begin to crack slightly on top. Do not overbake!
- Remove from oven and let cool on the sheet pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 151 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg
Keywords: Christmas cookies, Holiday cookies