Easy, step by step recipe for the perfect roast turkey in an electric roaster oven!
1 thawed turkey
3 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
20 baby carrots
2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons butter, divided
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
2 1/2 teaspoons pepper, divided
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Remove the rack from the roaster oven, place on the lid, and preheat to the highest temperature available on your model.
- Determine your total cooking time by multiplying the weight of your turkey by 15 minutes per pound.
- Remove turkey from the packaging, untuck the legs, then remove the innards from both ends. Do not rinse.
- Place turkey on the rack, handles facing up.
- Combine onions, carrots, celery, 1 Tb salt, 1 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 tsp poultry seasoning, and 1 Tb butter. Place half the mixture into the turkey cavity, then re-tuck the legs.
- Spread 2 Tb butter on the outside of the turkey, the sprinkle on remaining 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper.
- Place rack into the hot roaster, sprinkle remaining veggies around the turkey, and replace the lid. Cook on highest temperature for 30 minutes. Do not open the lid.
- Reduce temperature to 325 degrees and cook for the remaining amount of time from your calculations you did in step 2. Do not lift the lid.
- Turkey is finished when the breasts reach 165 degrees and the thighs 175 degrees.
- Let rest 20-30 minutes before carving.
- Serving Size: 1 oz
- Calories: 43
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 16 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 26 g
Keywords: Thanksgiving dinner recipe, thanksgiving turkey