1 pound homemade pizza dough, or store-bought pizza dough
3/4 pound turkey lunch meat
1/4 pound Genoa salami lunch meat
1/2 pound sliced provolone cheese
red wine vinegar
- Roll out pizza dough on a floured surface into a large rectangle, about 16 inches wide and 8 inches tall.
- Apply a thin layer of mayonnaise and mustard down the center of the dough, width-wise. Add the lunch meat and provolone on top.
- Drizzle a bit of red wine vinegar over the top, then some kosher salt and pepper.
- Make 1-inch cuts along the top and bottom of the dough, width-wise. Start at one end and “braid” the dough by pulling a tab from each side across to the other. Continue to the end of the dough.
- Transfer the braid onto a lightly greased sheet pan. Cover and let rise for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bake until the dough is evenly browned and the cheese is bubbly, about 30 minutes.
You can add some thinly sliced onions and peppers to the braid as well!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/8
- Calories: 508
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 225 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 22 g
- Cholesterol: 30 mg
Keywords: Italian sandwich braid