- 1 cup pineapple juice, room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 Tb melted butter for the top
- Combine pineapple juice, milk, melted butter, and honey in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute (Mixture may appear curdled which is okay).
- Use your mixer with a dough hook and generously spray hook with nonstick cooking spray. Mix 5 cups flour, yeast, and salt on low speed until combined, Slowly add pineapple juice mixture, followed by brown sugar, egg, vinegar, and vanilla and knead until dough starts to pull away from the bowl. Continue to knead for another 8 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Remove dough and spray mixing bowl with nonstick spray. Knead dough into a ball and place back into your greased mixing bowl. Cover tightly and let rise at room temperature until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 -2 hours.
- Work with dough on a floured surface and cut into 18 roughly even pieces then shape into balls. Place them in a greased 9×13 cake pan and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise at room temperature until doubled in size, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Remove plastic and brush rolls with approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons butter. Bake until golden brown, about 20 – 23 minutes. Let rolls cool in dish on wire rack for 10 minutes then brush with remaining butter and serving immediately.