- 1 C butter, melted
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tb milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 C bread flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 C semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside
- 2. Add the sugars to the melted butter in a large bowl and beat well. Add the egg and yolk and mix until smooth. Add the milk and vanilla and mix until combined. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Chill the dough for 24 hours. Yes, truly 24 hours….just trust me, please 🙂
- 3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.. Using your 1 1/2″ cookie scoop, take two scoops of dough and form them into one cookie. To get the rough tops to your cookies, break the dough ball in half and push the smooth sides together, leaving the rough edges on the top of the cookie. Place on the lined cookie sheet, leaving plenty of space for these big cookies to spread as they bake.
- 4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, rotating the cookie sheet halfway through the baking to ensure even browning. Allow cookies to sit for a few minutes on the sheet after removing from the oven then cool completely on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.