Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
Yield:24 cupcakes 1x
2 C all purpose flour
1 1/2 Tb cinnamon
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
4 large eggs
3/4 C canola oil
2 C sugar
1 tsp kosher salt
1 pound freshly grated carrots
3/4 c toasted pecan or walnut pieces
Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
1 1/2 C butter, room temperature
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 C brown sugar
1 t vanilla
3 T milk
5 C powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
3. In your mixer bowl fitted with whisk attachment, beat the eggs on high until light and fluffy. Decrease the speed to medium, add the oil, sugar and salt. Decrease speed to low
and gradually add flour mixture.
4. Remove bowl from the mixer and fold in the carrots and nuts with a rubber spatula.
5. Divide batter evenly among the cupcakes. Bake for 25 minutes and cool completely before frosting.
6. Cream the butter and cream cheese together in an electric mixer. Be sure they are room temp or your frosting will be lumpy.
7. Add the brown sugar and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes. Turn off the mixer and add 2 C of powdered sugar. Turn the mixer of low speed and allow to incorporate. Add milk and remaining powdered sugar. If you want a thinner frosting, add more milk or thicker, add more powdered sugar.
My blog contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small compensation if you make a purchase using my link, at no additional cost to you. And no worries, I only link to products that I both use and love! ~ Carole