- 12 medium portabella mushrooms, insides scraped clean
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces blue cheese or feta cheese
- 1 Tb finely minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 tsp siracha or hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 slices of bacon, cut in half
- Heat the grill to high.
- Mix together the cream cheese, blue or feta cheese, parsley, siracha, pepper and salt. Do not warm the cream cheese to mix it or it will be too warm for the grill.
- Fill the mushrooms with the cheese mixture and then wrap each mushroom cap with a half slice of bacon, securing it with a toothpick. Once the grill is very hot, turn the heat down to low and place the mushroom caps, cheese side down on the grill. You need a very hot grill to sear and crisp this side of the bacon quickly before the cheese begins to melt and drip out.
- Leave the mushrooms on the grill face side down as long as you can before the cheese begins to drip out and then turn over. Close the lid and cook for another 4-5 minutes to crisp the other side of the bacon. Serve hot!
You could also make these in the oven under the broiler instead of outside on a grill.