Classic comfort food dish that is a favorite for everyone! Biscuits are used as the topping to save a ton of time compared to pie crust.
1/3 cup salted butter
2 cubes frozen crushed garlic
1 cup frozen chopped onions
1 cup frozen sliced mushrooms
1 medium celery stalk, diced
1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup frozen peas and carrots blend
2 1/2 cup frozen fully cooked diced or shredded chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
8 frozen uncooked biscuits
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 9″ pie pan with nonstick spray.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. When the pan is hot, add butter, onions, mushrooms, celery, and frozen garlic cubes. Sauté until vegetable soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/3 cup flour and stir into the vegetables. The mixture will be very thick but continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in chicken broth. Scrape the bottom of the pan as you stir to incorporate flour into the mixture.
- Boil the mixture. Then add cream, peas, carrots, chicken, remaining salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes then pour into the pie pan. Top with frozen biscuits.
- Place pie pan on a baking sheet and bake until the biscuits are done, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
If you have leftover cooked chicken in your fridge, you can use that in place of the frozen, but add it right before you pour the gravy into the pie pan so it doesn’t get overcooked.
- Serving Size: 1/6
- Calories: 432
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 1790 mg
- Fat: 20 g
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 22 g
- Cholesterol: 10 mg
Keywords: frozen food recipe, easy dinner recipe