Healthy autumn salad recipe loaded with crisp apples and crunchy pecans, plus a light homemade salad dressing.
Apple Pecan Salad
- 12 ounces spring mix lettuce
- 2 apples, Fuji, Honeycrisp or Jazz
- 1 C pecans
- 3 Tb sugar
Homemade Salad Dressing
- 1/4 C + 2 Tb apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tb agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- pinch of cumin
- 1/3 C extra virgin olive oil
- Slice your apples into thin julienned pieces. Scatter them over the top of your spring mix.
- Heat a small skillet over high heat then add the pecans. Toast them for a couple minutes before sprinkling the sugar over the top. Use a wooden spoon and mix the sugar and pecans together, letting the sugar melt and coat the pecans. Remove from the heat and allow them to cool before sprinkling them over the salad.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients except the olive oil. Whisk vigorously as you slowly stream in the olive oil and let it emulsify into the vinegar. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss before serving. If you won’t eat the whole salad, just dress as much as you will eat in that meal.
recipe inspired by The Cozy Apron