- My amount of laundry will be reduced by 1/3. You would think it would only be 1/8, but anyone with a teenage daughter understands completely.
- When I go to grab my favorite shirt or necklace or pair of shoes, they will be there. What a concept.
- A certain bedroom door in my home will no longer be closed and locked when we are entertaining. Due to the completely embarrassing/devastating nature of it’s contents, it would scar our friends forever if they were to witness what was behind that door.
Can you tell I have a lot of zucchini and squash in my garden this year? This latest version had a split reaction with my family. Those who tried it, adored it. Those who were too chicken to even taste it kept telling me how gross it was. Nice.
I loved it. Packed with yummy cheese and lots of garlic. I served it as a main dish, but it would also make a great side with some grilled protein and hot bread. I will be making this one again soon while I still have a lot of fresh squash.
Feta & Parmesan Zucchini Bake
(recipe adapted from Kalyn’s Kitchen)
6-7 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash
2 Tb canola oil
2 Tb minced garlic
2 tsp dried thyme
2/3 C light sour cream
1 C crumbled feta cheese
1/2 C fresh parmesan cheese
2 Tb lemon juice
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a large casserole dish with nonstick spray.
2. Slice the squash into 1/4″ slices. If they are larger squash, cut them down the middle before slicing. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the squash, garlic and thyme. Saute and stir just until the squash is starting to soften slightly. Don’t cook too long or it will be mushy after it bakes in the oven. Remove from the heat.
3. Beat together the eggs, sour cream, cheeses and lemon juice in a medium sized bowl. Place half of the squash into the bottom of the casserole. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper (remember the cheeses are salty!) then spread 1/2 of the egg mixture over the top. Repeat with remaining squash and egg mixture.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the mixture is bubbling and slightly set. Serve hot.