As much as possible, I like to pack our food that we will consume during our road trips. I can’t stand fast food. I used to love it, but now it just makes me nauseous. I wish I could say it was because I am super healthy and would never put such garbage into my body, but we all know better than that. I just don’t like it anymore.
These pizza roll-ups are a staple in our house for road trips, lunch boxes and to toss in the freezer for a quick dinner. I always make a child version (just cheese) and an adult version (packed with meats and veggies).
Getting ready for the big game in a few weeks? These also make great party food to feed all your hungry guests. You could even make them smaller and bite-sized if you wanted!Print
Pizza Roll Ups
- 1 recipe of pizza dough
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 1/4 C freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- Toppings such as pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, onions, peppers (optional)
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- italian seasoning
- Allow the pizza dough to rise one time after making it according to the recipe. Roll the dough on a lightly floured counter top into a 18×12″ rectangle.
2. Spread on the tomato sauce (as thick or thin as you would like) then season it well by sprinkling the top with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and italian seasoning.
3. Sprinkle on the parmesan cheese, then the mozzarella cheese. If you are adding any toppings, add those after both the cheeses. Starting on the long side, roll up the dough into a tight log. Cut into 12 even pieces and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Allow to rise for about 15 minutes, covered.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes in a preheated 475 degree oven until the rolls are lightly browned. Serve hot or allow to come to room temperature before wrapping for lunches.