Chocolate and mint. Out of all flavor combinations, it has to be my favorite as far as sweets are concerned. It is also a very dangerous flavor to have in my home because I will eat it (whatever goodie form it is) and eat it until the realization sets in that I have to run 10 miles in the morning to burn the amount of calories I have just devoured. So when I discovered a wonderful blog earlier this week and saw this recipe, it was all I could think about. Just my luck that I got an invite to a party and there was the opportunity I had been wishing for all week to make these.
I couldn’t believe how easy these were to throw together and they turned out very different than what I had anticipated. They are very creamy on the inside (like a truffle) and not at all gritty from the Oreos. It is a good thing these are going to the party tonight or I can guarantee I would have to be putting in a ton more work at the gym in the morning than normal.Print
Mint Oreo Truffles
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- 1 pkg. Double Stuff Oreos – Cool Mint Flavor
*use 22 cookies with cream centers
*use 10 cookies with cream centers discarded
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 squares of chocolate bark
- Finely crush cookies in a food processor. Stir in softened cream cheese (your hand works best to knead it all together.)
- Roll the mixture into 1″ balls. A cookie scoop will help you have uniform sizes. Place on wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Place in the freezer while you melt the chocolate to let them firm up a bit.
- Melt chocolate as directed on the package. Drop a ball into the chocolate and using a spoon, pour chocolate over it to cover it completely. Scoop up the ball, tap and shake off the extra, and set onto wax paper to dry.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Cookies-Bars
- Method: Hand, Food Processer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 cookies
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 19g
- Sodium: 161mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 28.3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
Keywords: mint, oreo, truffles, cookies
These look yummy. You’re making me want to go whip some more of these up.
Approximately how many ounces is the chocolate?