I am busy working on my sole New Year’s resolution. Don’t ask me what it is, because I won’t share it with you. Don’t take it personally. I don’t share my resolutions with anyone. Nope. Nada. No one.
This is my first year just to focus on one instead of becoming overwhelmed by too big of a list. Granted, I am only 11 days in, but it is going well. I also haven’t hit the “hard” part of this change either, so I know my most difficult challenge still lies ahead of me.
I am proud to even consider pushing myself so completely outside my comfort zone. Wish me luck!
For anyone whose resolution is related to food in any way, this post is just for you! Don’t just pass by this post because it is about boring, bland cauliflower.
This cauliflower will kick you in the butt and sass in your face about how amazing it is and how you have always underestimated its awesomeness!
My cousin over at Made From Pinterest also gave this recipe a go and they loved it at well. Now you know two of us can’t lie about how crazy good this stuff was!
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 large cloves of garlic, minced (I use a microplane)
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tb fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 C freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, except for the parmesan cheese. Mix well until all the seasonings are evenly distributed over the pieces of cauliflower. Pour the mixture evenly onto a large ungreased jelly roll pan and spread out so the cauliflower is in a single layer. This is very important so don’t crowd your pan! Use two pans if you don’t have a large enough pan to put it all on at once. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
2. Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the parmesan cheese. Put back into the oven for another 2-3 minutes. If you would like to serve this in a nice dish, transfer the cauliflower into a serving dish before adding the cheese, then put the pretty dish in the oven for the 2-3 minutes.