Broccoli slow roasted until caramelized with garlic, herbs and parmesan cheese sounds like the perfect healthy recipe for dinner! This recipe is very easy, simple to toss together and quick for a weeknight meal. It is super kid friendly and our favorite way to eat broccoli in this house.
I’m not sure if you can say something like broccoli looks sexy, but if you could, then this would definitely fit the bill!
Vegetables can be a touchy subject in our household if the prep is your standard treatment – boiling them on the stove with some salt and pepper. My kids have had too many knock-your-socks-off veggies to settle for the standard steamed version. This recipe is one of those stand out ones. It is based off my recipe for a similar treatment to cauliflower. Just a few adjustments that work better with broccoli.
You are going to need a nice rimmed cookie sheet for this recipe. I have four of these exact pans and I use them all. the. time. You will not be disappointed if you decide to pick up one or two for your kitchen arsenal.Print
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- 4 small heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tb fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 Tb freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the cheese and stir well until the broccoli is evenly coated with the oil and the seasonings. Evenly spread on a rimmed cookie sheet. Do not crowd the pieces on the pan or they will steam instead of roast.
- Roast in the oven for 15 -18 minutes, until the edges turn a deep brown color. Sprinkle on the fresh parmesan cheese and return to the oven for another 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.
**My friend, this post contains Amazon affiliate links which means I receive a small compensation if you make a purchase using my link, at no additional cost to you. And no worries….I only link to products that I both use and love! ~Carole