I am not much on the whole New Year Resolution idea. There is just a negative connotation in my mind with those three words. Probably because for many years of my life, it revolved around some *magic number* of how many pounds I wanted to lose.
Those stupid *magic numbers* actually lead me to a drastic change in my life. Last year, I stopped weighing myself and obsessing over the scale and I have to say, it is the BEST FEELING EVER! I don’t want you to think I don’t watch myself because I do! I watch what I eat, how hard I push myself in my daily workouts, how my clothes fit, and how I feel. The result has been the most confident and comfortable version of myself!
I don’t know if tossing out the scale is right for you, but for me, it was the best decision I have made for my health in a long time.
Now, since I have definitely indulged over the past two weeks, it is time to get back on track and this jar of this gorgeous dressing in my fridge is going to help me do that! This dressing is outstanding and makes any boring salad a bit more exciting because of all the killer southwest flavors it has. The dressing keeps well in an airtight container in your fridge for 3-4 weeks so it can help you push through your New Years resolution hump period 🙂
- 1 large tomatilla, husk removed and roughly chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, roughly chopped with the seeds
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/3 C cilantro, packed
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 2 Tb fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp dry parsley
- 1 tsp dry chives
- 1/2 tsp dry dill
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 C mayonnaise....not Miracle Whip!
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 3/4 C milk
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse a few times and then run until smooth, scraping down the sides at least one time. If you want your dressing thinner, feel free to add a bit more milk.
Recipe adapted by mykitchenescapades.com from CarlsbadCravings