Moist white cake. Lots of Oreos. Brown sugar cream cheese frosting. Is it working yet???
Just one look at these pictures and I go weak in the knees. They were that good. If you can wait, they were even better on day two after sitting in an airtight container.....
Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
adapted from Annie's Eats
(yields 20 cupcakes)
20 Oreo halves with cream filling attached
2 1/4 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
8 Tb unsalted butter, room temperature
1 2/3 C sugar
3 large egg whites, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla
1 C milk
24 whole Oreos, coarsely chopped
I used my favorite cream cheese frosting which I've posted here. You will only need a half recipe.
10 Oreo cookies, cut in half
Non-frosting side of the cookies in the bottom of the cupcakes, chopped finely
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 20 cupcake wells with liners. Place an Oreo half in the bottom of each liner, frosting side up.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the sugar and butter. Beat together until light and fluffy, about two minutes. Add the egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla.
3. With the mixer on low speed, beat in half the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Add the milk and mix until combined, then mix in the remaining dry ingredients. Do not overmix. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the chopped Oreos.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, evenly divide the batter and bake for 24 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire racks.
5. Generously frost the cooled cupcakes with the frosting. Sprinkle with oreo crumbs and garnish with half an Oreo. Store in an airtight container. Even better on day #2!