I’m excited to welcome back Debbie from Made From Pinterest to guest post for me today!
Is it fall yet where y’all live? Autumn is definitely here in the beautiful Wasatch Mountains of Utah. I love this season. It is my all-time favorite time of the year. I am lucky enough to live in an area where you can see and feel each of the four seasons.
In addition to loving fall, I also happen love quotes. So sufficeth to say I definitely love quotes about fall! Here are three of my favorites:
“Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the Fall.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
And lastly, “I am so glad that I live in a world where there are Octobers.” L.M. Montgomery
So if you are like me and you love fall, you are going to LOVE this Peach Crisp in a Jar dessert recipe! Just the perfect portion after a big Sunday dinner. But if you have room for just a tiny bit more, add some ice cream and you now have heaven in a jar.
A big thank you to Carole for letting me come and visit from Made From Pinterest today. Put on your sweater, take a walk in some fall foliage, then come home to some warm Peach Crisp. Happy Fall Everyone!
Peach Crisp in a Jar Dessert
- 6 fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs beaten
- Juice from one lemon (or two teaspoons bottled)
- 1/2 cup of flour
- Graham Cracker Crust:
- 16 graham crackers crushed (whole cracker – one whole package)
- 6 TBL melted butter
- 2 TBL sugar
- Crumbly Topping:
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter (one stick) melted
- 12 glass jelly jars (with lids if desired. These make great gifts to give away!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and cut peaches.
- In a large bowl, mix the peach filling ingredients together and then add peaches making sure the peaches are well coated. Set aside.
- Crush the graham crackers, (I just put mine in a ziploc bag and crushed them in there) Add melted butter and sugar to the crushed graham crackers and mix thoroughly. Put 3-4 tablespoons of the mixture into each jar and press down into the jar.
- Add your peach filling into the jars. Don’t fill all the way to the top because you need to leave a little room for the crumbly topping.
- Mix ingredients for the crumbly topping using a fork or a whisk. Spoon crumbly mixture on top of peach filling. If you are going to give these away as a gift and are going to put a lid on these, do not overfill as they will rise a little.
- On the low oven rack, place jars on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on top.